Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nashville Losing Focus

In order to make way for trendy clothing store Urban Outfitters, one of Nashville's live music venues must close. As reported by the Nashville Business Journal on Tuesday, City Hall Entertainment Space, located in the Gulch, will close in mid-September to make room for retail space.

As most of you know, based on my previous posts, I'm all for bringing nationally recognized clothing stores to Nashville, but way before Nashville became a shopping destination, Nashville was named Music City.

I'm sure Urban Outfitters could find another space, maybe even on the ground floor of one of the new high rise buildings in the Gulch, to open their store.

I vote to keep City Hall open!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed browsing through yours today, too. And I agree - Nashville needs to remember what it's known for.. I couldn't believe they tore down Starwood when we're supposedly Music City. Seems a bit opposite of what I thought we were going for here.