Monday, April 21, 2008

Karg Boys at Sambuca

Cell phone camera didn't help out too much this time!

Well, it turns out I was old enough to get into Sambuca in the Gulch on Saturday night, although I did go with my 35-year-old friend Scott. The occasion was to see some great old friends play some music.

I was pleasantly surprised with the scene. Usually I feel like it is a little too meathead-ish for me, but this time it was very cool. Not too crowded, no body builders with tattoos, good music, good friends and we could hear ourselves talk. It seems like the perfect place for a dinner date or after dinner dessert or drink. Its great in the summer too because of the rooftop patio.

I don't follow the local music scene too much, but there is one band, The Karg Boys, who I do follow. I have seen The Karg Boys at Bluebird Cafe, 2 Doors Down, 3rd and Lindsley, Sambuca and a few other places. They play a great mix of Country/Rock. This time they didn't let down. They played from 7-12 on Friday and Saturday nights with only a few breaks. Every time they got a break they made sure to talk to everyone in the crowd and make them feel welcome.

Sambuca is located in the up-and-coming Gulch, which will soon turn out to be a very trendy residential and commercial area of the city. If there was one place in Nashville where I think they should host The Real World, it would be in the Gulch. The residential buildings are almost complete, and before they sell out, they could rent some space to MTV. I'm sure they could get a penthouse with a rooftop patio and view of the city. The Gulch is walking distance to Music Row (where they could do one of their service projects) and Demumbreun and Gulch nightlife.

I didn't think I would be saying this, but I will definitely go back!

1 comment:

Joe said...

By the way, these guys recently made it past round 1 of Can You Duet on CMT!