Thursday, April 10, 2008

And then I found 5 dollars...















Today, I ate lunch at the Cool Springs Galleria food court. It was your typical Thursday afternoon filled with moms with babies. There were not many tables available, and one guy, who was sitting at a table across from me, turned around and seemed really excited for some reason. He started talking with the person behind me about where he goes to church and who he goes to church with (really common here in the Bible belt).

Turns out, the person behind me was Albert Haynesworth, all-pro defensive tackle for the Tennessee Titans. That's about the entire story, but I'll go ahead and give you some background on the famous person sighting of the day. (Big Al, standing at 6 foot 6 and 320 pounds, is standing in front of the Japanese place getting the free piece of teriyaki chicken. Sorry, my phone camera could not zoom anymore!)

Albert Haynesworth became famous in 2006 after stepping on the face of an opposing teams player with metal cleats. He was suspended for 5 games and became well respected for owning up to his mistake in front of the media. (I'm glad he didn't step on my face today)

A little lesser known fact about Big Al is that he owns a travel agency. He and his wife started a internet travel business (haynesworthtravel.com). Customers can purchase airline tickets, hotels, cruises and rental cars on the website.

Congratulations to Williamson County for providing an inviting mall food court for Albert Haynesworth to visit.


No comments: