Tuesday, June 17, 2008

St. Louis Cardinals

Last Friday, I had the pleasure of visiting St. Louis, Missouri. I spent close to 6 years in St. Louis going to school and working at an ad agency there. My first stop was to my favorite bar, McGurks. McGurks is located just south of the city in Soulard and it is a great time in the summer because of the huge back patio.

When I walked out there, I noticed a huge group of people hanging out around the back bar watching TV. Turns out, the group was watching the Cardinals, but, they were watching the Cardinals get beat 20-2.

Only in St. Louis would a group of people still rally behind their team during the 8th inning, knowing they were going to get beat so badly.

Although Nashville doesn't have that feeling for baseball, Nashvillians love to listen to live music around town and they love their SEC football. But never before have I seen such passion for the game as I witnessed on Friday night.

No comments: